samedi 17 janvier 2009

Oh hey hi.

It's been a while since I last blogged. Blame me, or blame God for only putting 24 hours in a day. I am actually pretending to be working right now, and I'm having a hard time putting a very straight and serious face. If anybody asks you, I'm currently typing a very important memo.

Back to the point : your buddy Alcibiades recently asked me if I had made any progress lately.
Of course I haven't ! 2009 has not been starting as good as I wished, and I had to go through what I would call a "bunch of random setbacks" if they had not been very serious.

"No progress at all" would be actually too modest. A few things have happened, and others are changing.
First, as I said before, the important bit is not to "overcome" (or to "come over", as the most perverted among you would say) the girl, but to overcome yourself. Is this about doing sports or having a healthy life or anything ? I'm finding out this is part of it, but not the most important bit. It's just an attitude problem. If you are paranoid, the others ARE out to get to you. Realizing that life is a jungle and if you don't move your ass the meat's gonna end in someone else's mouth (innuendo intended) is the only way.

As such, earlier week, I told a girl I had met over the Internet that I liked her. And when I did, I couldn't even remember what her damn name was. Eat that, 2008's Diogenes ! And although that obviously didn't work, I learnt a valuable lesson :
When you hit on a girl on the internet, make sur her profile doesn't say "I'm engaged so stop annoying me.".

They really mean it, sometimes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire